Saturday, November 6, 2010

Pain to bliss (part-2)

"Rōga nivāraṇa mērā pahalā kartavaya hai (Eradication of disease is my foremost responsibility)" smiled Pitaji.
I had not slept that night. Still in lot of pain and tears in my eyes, i sat down on the dinning table next to Pitaji in the main hall at laxmi gardens bunglow. Pitaji has been living in the ground floor of this old duplex for some years now. Quiet contrary to my expectations, the living space was so humble.. the main hall has an old sofa and a dinning table. His room has a cot, a chair table with loads of books piled one top of the other. An iron almirah and a few cartons (containing medicines) thrown around.
Akash had walked me in, holding me strong at the waist. i had not stepped out of my room for more than a week now. Pitaji's eyes filled with tears when i narrated to him about what i was going through.
With a mothers' compassion in his eyes he said "Ma, you have suffered too much and you have definitely taken too long to come here, but dont worry i will cure you". With a sweet smile he added "you will be up and running in four days".

He gave me some medicines, some food and lots of love and care. I could feel an instant relief.
For next three days he kept me under his observation. gave me medicines with his own hands, fed me like a mother feeds a child. And kept telling me "dont worry, you will be alright". I kept getting better, the healing was quiet fast.
Along with Akash, i spent a beautiful time being there with him. Pitaji rested on a chair besides me, meditated and prayed for me constantly. We had some beautiful conversations with him, some stories from the Puranas, some stories from Guruji's childhood interspersed with small snacks :) or a cup of filter coffee.

AND.... he would read my mind all the time :) 
When, he would go into his room to read or write, I would discus somethings with Akash quietely and Pitaji would just somehow bring it up later in the conversations.... close the talk with a sweet smiling "see i am reading your mind" and then point at Guruji's picture on the wall "I am not doing anything, its all His grace. I am a simple man".
This is something, he does all the time. Whenever anyone will praise him, all he does is point to Guruji's picture on the wall. 

He is 88. Walks erect. Eyesight, better than mine. Razor sharp memory. i would miss my medicines, he wont. He did not say one negative word in all these days..not even one. He did not shout at anyone. He would not take help, even if it meant walking to and fro his room a million times for medicines, paper, pen etc etc. And if you offer to, comes a quick "Kyun(why)? there are many poor and sick people out there, i want you to go and help them. Dont worry a bout me, i am alright".
You cannot walk out of laxmi gardens, without eating. Forget it, don't even try. He will sit and watch, make sure you eat, even if you have already had a meal :)
I close with one of his favorite lines "पेट भरो ध्यान करो"..... Ha ha ha...!!!


...........keep reading :)

2 comments:

  1. Jai GuruDev Di,

    I am really happy to read that you are back into good health and more delighted to read about the healing touch of Pitaji. He is truly remarkable!
    Wish all good health in Future :-)

    Lots of Love
    Kartik

    Love is our True Nature...
    Sri Sri..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didi...
    eagerly waiting for the next post!

    Enjoying your blog completely...

    You are a very good writer didi. :)

    ReplyDelete