Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My Master's Promise


Once, I was travelling with Guruji in the hills. We were visiting many temples that day, 
one after another. It so happened that every time, He would step into His car, I would 
be around to shut the car door for Him. After a few times, I could not hold myself back 
and casually mentioned it to Him, “Guruji, I am closing the door every time for you”. 
With a beautiful smile, he instantly replied, “but I will make sure that all doors remain 
open for you” and drove off. 

After becoming an Art of Living teacher, Guruji told me to start travelling in the rural 
interiors of Himachal Pradesh. He could feel the hidden fear and hesitation I had that time. 
Then one day, He sat me down, looked at me and said, “from now on where ever you go 
on this earth, you will find a home better than yours and a family more loving than yours. 
That is my promise. You just focus on bringing good to others and you shall be 
completely taken care of. Just go out there and know so many people are waiting for you”.
He kept His promise. In 10 years of traveling as an AOL teacher, I have met thousands of 
people from diverse cultures, lives, traditions and values. Each one has added to my 
extended family. I have received immense love and respect from everyone I met and continue to.

6 comments:

  1. This was Awesome mama.... I needed this... JGD

    ReplyDelete
  2. DIDI you are so lucky ,to do his work nd travel to spread happiness all around .didi my strong wish is to work as an travelling teacher ,and assist lots with you........LOVE YOU.D.
    jaigurudev.

    ReplyDelete
  3. guruji ki kripa aisi hi bani rahe.
    jai gurudev

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey didi its so nice to have a sweet GURU in our life....
    Nice story.
    Jai Gurudev!

    ReplyDelete